dimanche 17 juillet 2011

Airsoft : KJ KP-06 - Colt 2009 Rail Concept KJW

This reproduction of a Colt, in 45 ACP with an extended barrel, is using C02 cartridge, it is "firing" 6mm BB and therefore is considered as an "airsoft" but this one as some real punch !
I have seen it also under the name : "KJW hi capa 6-inch", but without "Colt markings".
"they" announced 446 on the box... In fact it is, in average, around 295 FPS with 0,25g BB.
The main problem (if it is one?) is the weight... Personally I'm used to heavy guns, so I like it, but for a real players, it would be too much, it is supposed to be a secondary weapon, but its power will not allow you to use it at short distance...
My yard is 55m long and the BB goes far away (with the hop-up correctly set up).
I do not like the CO2 loading system, the screw is not practical...
I did shoot around 50 BB with one CO2 cartridge, so it is very much "gas consuming",
But as I mentioned it, it is a heavy model, I'll shoot cans at 15/20 m, using 2 or 3 cartridges, then I 'll get bored and play with another toy...
The accuracy is excellent for a "heavy Zamac toy..."
 I'll see how the complex mechanical parts react with CO2 with time.
I just saw my Glock exploding its fake barrel, using green gas only...
(Green Gas is not recommended according to my friend Laurent).
I will always be a fan of the "Colt 1911 A1 style", with the Colt Python 357 6", they are the most beautiful handguns of all time ! (only Korth can do better in term of finish, but at a crazy price...).
There is no steel part in this model (except the screws and rods), most parts are in zamac, aluminum and plastic.The hammer will suffer a lot with time...
The trigger is "adjustable"...
The extractor is simulated (very obvious from the rear).
All the safety devices are functional like the original.
The optical fiber sight is "interesting", I never used one before, I do not like the science fiction style it has, but as long as it is effective, why not?...

So in summary, it is a cool looking pistol, looks reliable too but... We will see... 
 Here are some tests I did, at 10 Meters (11 yards), and 15 meters (16,5 yards).
I used 0,25gr BBs and of course CO2 cartridge, 10 BBs on each target.
I fixed the A4 prints on a big cardboard box (to avoid having BBs all over my garden)
but with this gun, the BBs went straight through the box and even far away behind...
For 15 meters, I think that the hop-up is set up  a little bit too high.
But still, the bowling pins are dead... 
Here the detail of the CO2 version of the magazine. 

Aucun commentaire: